Hen's Party Decorating Tips: Metallic
Decorating a room for a Hen’s Party can be a daunting task. So many questions, what do I need to buy for the Hen’s Party? How far do I need to go decorating the space? Do I need to buy specific Hen’s Party supplies or can I use any decorations? Should I stick to a theme? Bride’s all have different expectations so once you have sorted out what the bride is expecting and a theme or colour scheme it can be really easy.
Metallic decorating is a trend that looks great in any space and what female doesn’t love a bit of gold, silver or rose gold. Plus it is easily adapted to suit most themes and can be done on a budget (but still looks classy, yay!) below are some of our tips for decorating with metallic.
Tip 1: Pick a space & colour scheme/theme first
Work out what space you are using first, that will depict how many decorations you need to organise. If it is in a public area check if you are allowed any decorations. Get together with the bridesmaids and decide if you have a theme or a rough colour scheme to stick with.
Tip 2: Choose the statement Hen’s Party decorations first
Start with the Hen’s Party decorations that will be the focal point of the space and work around those. Metallic balloons with words such as “love” or “bride to be” are a good option, they also make a great backdrop for photos. As a secondary focus there is the Hen’s Party themed glitter banners such as “She Said Yes” and a funny but bit more risqué Hen’s Party banner “Same Penis Forever” which always gets a laugh. “Team Bride” balloons look great with anything to really get everyone into the bachelorette spirit.
Tip 3: Get crafty with DIY
Once you have your statement party decorations sorted it can be easy and low cost to create some other metallic and glitter decorations to compliment these. We’ve listed some of our favourites, made easily with glitter and metallic paint. You can find the DIY instructions for all of these on our Pinterest board here.
- Glitter dipped wine glasses, they can be made so they are washable too if you want permanent glitter glasses.
- Glitter dipped or spray painted vases for flowers or if you need a vessel for games.
- Make your own garland using holographic paper or glitter. These look great hung with the Hen’s Party banners.
- Cut out some letters or buy the 3D letters from a local $2 shop or craft store to coat in glitter.
- Glitter ice cubes (make sure to use edible glitter if they are going in drinks)
- Champagne jelly shots with glitter or gold leaf (make sure to use edible glitter)
- Splatter paint onto balloons. Splatter plain coloured balloons that go with your theme, subtly on the “Team Bride” balloons or add another colour to the metallic “Love” or “Bride to Be” balloons.
- Fill clear balloons with glitter or confetti.
- Sequin or metallic fabric table cloth automatically adds some glam.
- Spray painted pineapples for a tropical theme.
These are just a few of the many ideas for using metallics. Leave us a comment below with any of your metallic decorating tips.