Self-help for bridal woes: Avoid the ‘ohh No’ before you get hitched!
Written By: Sheril Mittal M.sc Psychology
Owner/Founder: Lovexpresso Date Night Box www.lovexpresso.co.nz
"I do" ~ "happily ever after" ~"just married"~ "taking that leap of faith!" These words or phrases are drawing your attention quite a lot these days, aren’t they?
You have said "yes" and now as a Bride-to-be, you do not want anything to go clumsy or wrong on your big day.
You found your Prince (or Princess even) charming or Soul-mate or let’s just say you have settled with A Funnybones (you Lucky girl!).
Getting hitched is a major decision of one’s life. Whether it’s your lifelong dream to get all dressed up and get married in style or you just freak out even thinking about your big day, planning in advance can save a lot of last-minute effort and ensure some happy tears at the ceremony.
Your wedding could be whatever you two have decided on: Destination wedding, classic church wedding, by the beach or you are keeping it simple with a civil, you can make use of some good old advice to keep it a bit less stressful and more enjoyable. So, here we have a list of useful pointers/guidelines that might come handy preparing for the wedding day and make you feel a bit more confident going to the altar.
Your Self-help guide is here to the rescue
1) Have a list of items prepared that you might need just in case. Keep some snacking bars, juice/water bottle/fruit handy. Other items of use could include:
• Bobby pins,
• Sewing kit( for any last minute nip and tuck)
• Clear nail paint
• Travel tissue
• Hair accessories
• Tampons/Sanitary pads/menstrual cup
2) Invest in a good Spa routine months prior to the wedding (last minute jig is fine too but for that extra fresh/relaxed look it might come as a great tip). Your beauty regimen must-haves include:
• Micro-derm abrasions
• Massage - Full body preferably - it improves blood circulation, relaxes your muscles, relieves anxiety tones your skin, helps with nerve stimulation and most importantly takes your mind off for a short while from things! I would count that as a blessing. It will ensure you look and feel stress-free and glowing on your Special day.
3) Keep that bestie closer: You are a one women army most of the days but for that special day keep your BFF close and happy ..you will need plenty of Support for those tricky makeup situations and bathroom breaks too.. LOL
4) Enjoy and have a bestie organize your Bridal shower/hens party in time( Drop hints if you must): A themed Bridal shower with loved ones could be just the thing you might remember all throughout so, go and create those precious memories. Live them, create them and laugh your heart out with those who matter the most. Perfect opportunity to get closer to in-laws as well. (Helpful hint: Lively & Co have all the inspiration you might need for those party needs too!)
5) Buy Lingerie according to Style but keep it comfy: Saucy/racy lingerie hits up high on a brides list but a tip to go with that will be to keep it comfy coz it shows on your overall feel too.
6) Stay Hydrated for a fainted Bride is a nightmare you don’t want.
7) Keep a light snacking routine throughout: keeping healthy snacks like protein bars, juices, granola bar, nuts, fruits etc. could be very useful to keep you energized and active.
8) That perfect Red Lippy: Keep it close by in a trusted coat pocket.
9) Have your Cake and eat it too!- Yes girl, eat that Cake, for you just might miss out on it being busy with all the festivities going around.
10) Pack off your honeymoon suitcase in advance and leave ASAP: If you go by my personal advise, the sooner the better. Nothing like the Just Married charm.
10) Pause and rest wherever possible.
POST WEDDING PLANNING
1) Check/collect your marriage license: For you do not want to have mistakes in names and other basics to be going back and forth with.
2) Sort out any dues of the wedding vendors: Get the payments and other things sorted in time to have peace of mind. Or have someone close take care of these duties.
3) Telling your Employer and other legal entities about Surname change (if you have decided to go for that)
3) Freeze your cake~ if you are the traditional kind or otherwise also, for the romantic kind.
4) Write and send your thank you notes: showing gratitude towards family and friends can go long way in keeping your relations warm.
5) Keep it intimate forever after. No doubt you look and feel an absolute dream right now on the wedding day but have some post-honeymoon romance insured, How you ask? Have you given -Date Night Box Subscription as a functional gift for your wedding a thought? Well, then please do because a Strong relationship relies on the freshness and timely nurture and care.
6) Finally, just enjoy the little moments with family and friends as a single lady before that big step forward missy who’s soon to be a Mrs.
Written By: Sheril Mittal M.sc Psychology
Owner/Founder: Lovexpresso Date Night Box